This has to be one of my boyfriends all time favorite foods I make. It’s the perfect comfort food when you want to cozy up during a cold night, or even after a long day. This took me a couple years to really perfect but this recipe is sure to excite your and your guest’s tastebuds.
Try it out for yourself!!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 package Mild Italian Sausage
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Add olive oil to a large pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook until browned on all sides. Remove sausage from pan and set aside (You do not need to cook it through at this point.)
2. Add onion and peppers to grease left in pan and cook over medium heat until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Slice sausage into 1 to 1 1/2-inch pieces.
4. Return sausage to pan along with all other ingredients.
5. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until sausage is cooked through and sauce is thickened.
6. Serve on hoagie rolls if desired.