This is one of those super easy and super quick meals that will make your guests think that you really were slaving away. For this recipe I was only feeding two people so you can just double it if your planning on making it for 4 and so on. Mhmmm but this turned out so good that a guest might contimplate if you actually made this or ordered from the Mexican place in town.
So without further adue here you are:
* 2 chicken breasts
* 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
* 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
* 1 small red onion, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
* 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
* 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
* several turns of freshly ground pepper
* 2 teaspoon of chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
* fresh cilantro for garnish
* tortillas, warmed
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice chicken breast into “chicken nugget type” pieces
3. In a large bowl, combine onion, bell pepper, chicken, oil, salt and pepper and spices.
4. Toss to combine.
5. Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
6. Spread chicken, bell peppers and onions on baking sheet.
7. Cook at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes. Then turn oven to broil and cook for additional 4-5 minutes just letting the veggies pick up some color. Watch carefully to make sure they don’t start to burn.
8. In the last five minutes of cooking,not while the broiler is on, let tortillas wrapped in foil warm in the oven.
9. Squeeze juice from fresh limes over fajita mixture while hot and top with fresh cilantro.
10. Serve in warm tortillas.