This were a surprise hit! I spontaneously decided to make these because it just seemed so simple and I was bored haha. But I didn’t expect them to be such a major hit. My boyfriend literally inhaled these. I had to make a fresh batch 2 days later because they were gone and I only had 1 😳. I made some for my boyfriends job as well and everyone LOVED them.
So if your looking to impress with minimal effort, give these a go!
* cup (2 sticks) softened butter
* 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 3 1/2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 1 package Double Stuff Oreo cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together with a mixer until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. In medium bowl mix the flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
4. With a cookie scoop, form balls with the dough.
5. Place one ball on top of an Oreo cookie, and another ball on the bottom. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until a large ball is formed and Oreo cookie is fully enclosed with dough.
6. Place onto parchment or silpat lined baking sheets and bake cookies for approximately 13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Yes, you can use store-bought cookie dough, but the dough is a bit thinner than this recipe, so it tends to spread while cooking. To avoid the dough from spreading, you can bake them in muffins tins for a more uniform cookie. Increase cooking time from 13 minutes to 18.